- Frequent transfers of Air Force Personnel owing to the exigencies of service often disrupt the education of their children. In order to over come this problem, Boys' Hostel (classes VI to XII) was constructed in 1970.The strength of the hostellers is 72.
Rules and Regulations.
- Boarders are provided with a bed, cupboard, a study unit and a chair. Each boarder must maintain utmost cleanliness and make sure that the floor under his bed and cupboard is clean. Waste paper and refuse must be thrown in the dustbins provided in the rooms.
- CUPBOARDS: Cupboards must be arranged neatly. Surprise checks will be made by Hostel Wardens. Any extra items, other than those specified in the hostel kit will be confiscated. Shoes will be arranged neatly in the shoe rack. The number of shoes is limited to five pairs.
- STUDY UNITS: Book shelves are to be used for books and stationery only and not for toiletries. Books must be neatly arranged and each boarder will be responsible for the cleaning of his book shelf.
- EATS: Keeping eatables in the dorms is unhygienic and is strictly prohibited. Please note that the computer games, mobile, calculators, electronic items walkman's etc are NOT PERMITTED.
- If any child wishes to play badminton or Table tennis, it would be preferable if they have their own badminton rackets /table tennis bats. This is not compulsory as we do provide them from the school stock, but these have to be shared by all. 6. All hostellers are expected to follow the rules of conduct applicable to the students of the school in areas of responsible conduct, proper uniform, classroom attendance and appearing in examinations.
- Any absence from the classroom/non appearance in weekly test requires sanction of the Hostel Warden and immediate intimation of the same to the subject teacher/class teacher.
- All hostellers are encouraged to make the best use of excellent infrastructure provided in the hostel and also protect it from damage. Careless breakage or damage is likely to lead penalty, the nature of which shall be decided by the warden.
- All details related to medical history, if applicable, must be submitted to Warden to enable timely and appropriate medical care 10. Pens, copies soaps, detergents and other items will be provided by the parents / local guardians to their wards. The boarders will not be allowed to go out of the hostel in any case.
General rules for the Boarders
- To engender and enhance discipline among our boarders we request you to adhere to the following hostel rules:
- Hostel students will follow the daily routine of the hostel and school, unless exempted on medical grounds on recommendations of the Hostel Warden/Medical officer.
- They are not allowed to keep or take medicines or tonic without the knowledge of the Hostel Warden/Medical officer. Any medicines, must be handed over to the Warden.
- Transistors, record players and tape recorders should not be used in the rooms.
- They are not allowed to stay in the rooms during school hours, games, activity and prep hours.
- They are not allowed to entertain any day scholar in their rooms.
- Electric kettles, heaters, irons or any other electrical appliances should not be used in the rooms.
- All notices will be put up on the hostel notice board. Announcements, if any, will be made during dinner time/lunch time.
- Please do not send any valuable articles/cash through your ward(s) without the knowledge of House Warden/Principal. Particularly those which are not enlisted in the given list of items as given to you at the time of admission.
- Remedial classes will be taken for weak students from Monday to Friday.
- Any hostel student falling sick will report to the clinic through the Hostel Warden immediately.
- Expensive parties to celebrate birthdays are not allowed. The school will arrange for a cake and sweets for a small party within a reasonable amount. The House Warden will undertake the arrangements for this. However amount to be spent for the said party will be billed to the parents.
- The student should not carry any kind of tuck from home. (Extra eatables, pickles, chutneys and digestive tablets are not permissible.)
- The child has an option of Co-Curricular activities, Equestrian training, Aerobics, and Yoga to acquire his domain individuality intuitive endowment.
- Parents are required to get the Student's Hostel Number stitched on each clothing item (s) the student has.
- Student can avail the facility of Tuck shop, Tailor, Barber, Cobbler in the boarding house on writing a slip with the signature of the Warden
- Parents/Local guardians are requested to intimate to the school in case of any change of address / phone numbers.
- Any misconduct and indiscipline will invite penalty.
Rules for Exit / Outing
- Parents are not allowed to meet their ward(s) in school/hostel without the prior consent of the Principal.
- Children will be allowed to go for the outing only on the last Saturday of the month. Parents are requested to pick their child on the last Friday after 2.00 p.m. for the outing. The students who do not fair in the regular cycle tests will not be allowed to avail the outing. Please note that the hostel children should report back to the hostel by 5.00 p.m. on Sunday positively.
- Gate pass for Day/night out or to meet your ward (s) can be issued by the concerned warden.
- In case of emergency exit, after discussion with the Principal, the warden may issue the gate pass.
- When students are unable to return on time after weekends/holidays, leave letter should be sent to the Warden by local guardians within 24 hours. Such leave will be only granted for medical reasons and a medical certificate should be submitted along with the leave application.
- If any student overstays his outing and returns late to the hostel, will not be accepted by the hostel warden until for genuine medical reasons.
Visiting and Visiting Hours
- An identity card will be issued to each hostel student and his local guardians. No local guardians will be permitted to visit their wards without the identity card.
- Parents and local guardians may visit their wards only on last Sunday in a month (provided the child has not had an outing and will not take and outing for the month) between 3.00 p.m. to 5 p.m. with prior information to the warden.
- Visitor will meet their ward in the visitor's room. Parents are not allowed to meet their ward anywhere else.
- In case of any emergency, visits can be arranged with the principal's permission.
- One security guard will be on duty, at the main gate to prohibit boarders from leaving the school premises without permission. He will keep record in a register, of visitors entering the school premises to see hostel student.
Schedule for the Boarders (Mon-Sat)
|6.00 a.m.||Wake up call|
|6.15 a.m. to 6.45 a.m.||Warming up Exercises|
|6.45 a.m. to 7.15 a.m.||To get ready for school|
|7.15 a.m. to 7.45 a.m.||Breakfast|
|7.45 a.m.||Roll call|
|8.00 a.m. to 2.00 p.m.||School Hours|
|2.00 p.m.||Roll call|
|2.05 p.m. to 2.15 p.m.||Change into Hostel Uniform|
|2.15 p.m. to 2.45 p.m.||Lunch|
|2.45 p.m. to 4.00 p.m.||Rest|
|4.00 p.m. to 5.00 p.m.||Evening Games|
|5.00 p.m. to 6.00 p.m.||Bath & Snacks|
|6.00 a.m. to 8.00 p.m.||Prep Hours|
|8.00 p.m. to 9.00 p.m.||Dinner|
|9.00 p.m.||Roll call|
|9.00 p.m. to 9.30 p.m.||News|
|9.30 p.m. to 10.30 p.m.||Self study (VII-X)|
|10.30 p.m.||Lights off|